Monday, August 23, 2010

Home Hopping

After a relatively calm morning catching up with an old friend and doing my weekly grocery shop, the day snowballed...and I am pleased to report we are moving! Braveheart gave notice this morning, and we found someone to take our place before the lease is up, and it's all A for Away! Yip, that's what that cryptic reference was a few posts ago.

A lady phoned us out of the blue and asked if we'd like to rent her house, which is literally just down the road. It is lovely, well actually, it's steadily grown on me. It has a maze of rooms compared to where we presently are, and in my eyes is perfect for me and homeschooling next year. As some of you know, I've been desiring this space for a long, long time. And it's funny, because it made me see how well rooted I am here, in this home, in spite of all the things I don't like about it. It takes guts, and some courage to allow ourselves to follow the adventure of this move, I guess it's that different drumbeat we hear so clearly in our lives.

It's a step of faith....it's going to change our daily living in a huge way, but we'll have to curtail our living in other ways. The move will take at the end of September, right in school holidays - groan! i'm going to try and pack beforehand so I get to at least have a holiday with my kids.

So I will loose my recently planted veggie patch, which I will have you know is the first thing I have ever grown successfully! At least the new tenants will have a healthy welcoming!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo!! How exciting!!!!!!!!! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete