Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cyber Savvy

A friend of mine has vowed to stay abreast of technology as it develops, simply so that whenever her kids start using 'apps' and social programs like Facebook,Twitter etc, in later years she will be able to relate to her kids and understand cyberspace alongside them. That got me thinking. Too often, in my experience, women fall behind keeping up with things like this because they don't use them on a daily basis, or just simply have so many other things on their plate that it doesn't feature on the grand daily plan (I for one haven't got a clue how to connect the tv, video, dvd cables and would rather use my time in the evenings to do other things than learn!). But what when our children venture into cyberspace and start using new technology? I, for one, think it's a good idea to walk alongside them.

No comments:

Post a Comment