Thursday, March 10, 2011

Countdown


Oh yes people. It's less than 5 days away. 30 000 mad cyclists riding around the Cape peninsula in the largest timed event in the world. 109km.

Oh yes.

And my feet are still sore...It has been a challenge getting back on my bike after being banned from it for a few weeks. The good news is the agonising pain is gone. The bad news? My inserts are uncomfortable (but worth it if the pain is kept at bay) and my feet are still badly bruised and will take a long time to heal fully. My stamina is pretty non existent, and I am trying my hardest to get my head around the fact that I need to have very different expectations of this year's Argus.

It cannot be a race for me. It can only be a Tour. A sightseeing ride along with a  lot of people. I may not even finish if the feet don't hold out. Sigh. Having a real hard time adjusting to those expectations!

But I cannot not start. I have worked too hard for this. Suffered (!) too much....

Sunday, here I come....

3 comments:

  1. Hey Karen
    We will be rooting for you from up here above the limpopo!
    Enjoy the scenary! Love Mark and co.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah my friend! Praying for you!! So proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl. You are seriously stubborn :-) and seriously inspiring. Enjoy the ride, every moment - and keep it all in perspective. Cant wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete